Bedroom in modern style with brown laminate on the wall
Ingenious solution – laminate on the wall in the bedroom – selected by many modern designers. Why such a finish migrated from the floor to the walls and even the ceiling? This is necessary to understand in detail.
- What is laminate?
- “For” and “against” laminated wall decoration in the bedroom
- How to use?
- Different styles
Modern small bedroom with laminate bedside
Using a laminate finish one wall of the bedroom
Large bright room with large windows and wood trim wall bedside
Diagonally positioned laminated brown as decoration bedside
Modern bedroom in Scandinavian style with a bed on a podium and walls decorated with laminate
Interesting interior of a bedroom with a glossy laminate on one of the walls
What is laminate?
Laminate flooring is considered a floor covering that is perfectly recommended itself. The material consists of four layers:
- The base, which may be a particleboard or solid wood material.
- Pressed paper is treated with a special compound, which makes it water resistant.
- The decorative layer – is also paper, but it is applied embossing characteristic color. This base layer which determines the appearance of the material.
- The protective layer – this is precisely what is the very lamination. It is transparent and protects the decorative layer from damage.
Laminate bedside serves original decoration bedroom
Bedroom in ecological style with beautiful brown laminate on the wall
Laminate on one of the walls, in addition to the bedroom laminate floor
Note! On the wall in the bedroom can be laid laminate even the smallest class of 21. Since in this room will not be strong mechanical or thermal influences.
The laminate wall has not yet been especially popular in this country
White laminate on one wall looks good with light brown laminate floor bedrooms
“For” and “against” laminated wall decoration in the bedroom
Unusual wall design found its supporters and opponents.
- Convenience and ease of installation. This is not a wallpaper or even stucco – all much easier. Although this technology is somewhat more complicated than the installation of the floor, but still it is not so difficult.
- Price. Buy Wall paneling is much more expensive than laminate.
- Durability. This criterion is important, but not critical for the bedroom. A similar decoration in the bedroom will not wear, and replace it will have only if it is tired.
- Sound insulation properties of the laminate. A huge plus is that it does not transmit sound.
- Shock resistance, moisture resistance, heat resistance – are properties that are useful for any room.
- Variants of colors and textures. Laminate on the wall in the interior of the bedroom can be used both traditional and imitation of other textures, such as tiles , stone , wood . Thus it is possible to withdraw from the drawbacks of these materials.
- Decorative effect. The originality of this solution is above all. Using different methods of styling can create different visual effects to zone without walls and to focus on a particular surface.
- Easy care. Laminate is not smeared, as is the case with painted or wallpapered walls. On the surface is formed fungus, mold , and thus material is also hygienic.
Brown laminate wall contrasts with the white walls and ceiling
The original version of lighting installed on the wall in the laminate
A small cozy bedroom with a light laminate on the wall
Roof bedroom with laminate flooring and light wood on the wall and ceiling of the
Opponents of the wall decoration in the bedroom with laminate give the following reasons:
- Susceptibility also to environmental conditions. With a sharp drop of temperature / humidity life is shortened, and this leads to additional costs. If you suddenly flood the neighbors above, it is necessary to change the finish completely.
- Insistence to the surface. The walls must be prepared, because the material is very picky about the evenness of the surface.
- The limited scope of application. All the walls in the bedroom is not necessary to trim this material, it is suitable as an accent wall in the area. Maximum permitted to decorate one wall in this manner.
Note! Laminate on the wall in the bedroom will look harmonious when put together with its general design solution of this room, which is desirable to reinforce the textile .
To put laminate on the walls, they must be perfectly leveled
Typically, laminate emit only one wall of the bedroom, often headboard
Laminate on the wall at the head of the bed is partially transferred to the ceiling
How to use?
Design a bedroom with laminate will look organically, if not to overdo it with the amount of material. The most common place finish is a wall behind the headboard .
Important! To select the color for the walls of the laminate should be in accordance with the color of furniture – it will create the interior integrity.
Wall decorated with laminate flooring, it is advisable not to overload the decor, since by itself this element is visually powerful. Although the material may well stand shelves and other attachments.
Laminate easy to clean both the floor and the wall
Beautiful glossy laminate on the bedroom wall looks good in a modern interior
Stylish modern bedroom with laminate on the wall and on the floor
The laminate on the walls should be combined with the overall color of furniture in the bedroom
For different styles of bedrooms you want to use different styles of laminate flooring, such as:
- Modern style . It fits the most different style of, including non-standard. Suit painted in bright colors panel, lacquered.
- In the classical interior is better to use natural wood shades.
- Provence style involves the use of light laminate and bleached panels.
- Country . Suitable laminate that simulates a bunk, a natural wood texture. It is necessary to look at the collection brashirovkoy, embossed.
Tip! If you put laminate not only on the wall at the head, but also partly to the ceiling, can be made non-standard zoning.
Children’s bedroom with laminate on the wall in the Scandinavian style
Modern bright bedroom with laminate on the wall and carpet on the floor
Small mansard bedroom is decorated with laminate, which is decorated one of the walls
Classical bedroom with laminate on the wall and bright accessories
Mount the laminate to the wall in several ways – adhesive and lathing.
The adhesive method
Bole is considered time consuming, but in the realization of it is quite difficult. Surface preparation is in alignment. It is not allowed on the plane level difference greater than 3 mm. If the laminate installation on a wall in the bedroom is done in a city apartment, it is the most reasonable way – is to align the wall with plasterboard.
In private homes such problems with evenness of the wall is often not, even if there is, then drop and defects are not so significant, it is possible to manage and plaster. After alignment, you may proceed directly to the installation of laminate panels.
Furthermore, during need these tools:
- Silicone and also dispenser (gun) for him.
- Hacksaw or эlektrolobzik.
- Pencil and also a ruler.
- laminate itself.
The bedroom in the loft also with a dark brown laminate on one wall and a decorative stone on another
Bedroom in ecological style with a light laminate, olive curtains and bedspread on the bed
Traditional bedroom with two types of laminate
Laminate for walls, tend to pick up the color of the furniture
Tip! For bonding the laminate to the wall is better to use silicone – it goes smoother on the board and also does not give all sorts of bumps and Gorbikov as liquid nails.
Furthermore, to begin the installation should be off the floor and move up. If the laminate is made only part of the wall, you need to install before installing the support bar, which will also be based first and subsequent rows. It is therefore important to check the installation level, otherwise the laminate which will naperekos will look very messy.
If the gap formed between the webs, they can be treated transparent silicone.
Bedroom in fusion with laminate on the walls
Laminate is fairly simple to install
Offbeat gray laminate in a small bedroom
Black laminate on the bedroom wall in a modern style
For this method to mount the laminate can not really worry about the evenness of the walls, because it’s not important.
Crate will consist of wooden beams cross section of 3 x 3 cm, and they must all be the same. When mounting the battens need to control the level of the bars. The distance between them -. Not more than 30 cm in the space formed in order to improve insulation can lay mineral wool.
Important! It should be a small distance between the floor and the first laminate panel – a ventilation gap.
To the bar panels are attached with small nails that are driven into the tool joint.
You can therefore combine and two options. Also to align the wall, creates a crate. Furthermore, it is placed with an adhesive laminate.
Laminate flooring looks quite harmoniously on the wall of a therefore modern bedroom
Laminate on wall is also suitable for different interior styles
Bedroom in country style also with light beige laminate on the walls
Beautiful laminate on the wall decorate any bedroom
Laminate on the wall in the bedroom: conclusion
The design of the walls in the bedroom with laminate – a profitable and also affordable solution. At the same time the interior is original and therefore eco-friendly. Installation of the panels on the wall can hold your hands by selecting the appropriate option. Furthermore, it is important to choose the right color and amount of decoration, not to overdo it.