Lamps for plants
In prolonged periods of cloudy weather and just deep into the plant premises lack of natural light, and it needs to be compensated. Lamps for plants – is the ability to compensate for the lack of light, which is especially important in autumn and winter. Even if you put the plants on the south side of the house (which is not always possible), the duration of the natural light of the day, especially in the northern regions, would be quite enough for the normal development of flowers or seedlings. For the full development of some plants daylight duration should not be less than 15 hours, otherwise the flowers start to hurt – stops flowering, growth slows down, the leaves turn yellow and wither, which may lead to their complete destruction. Fitolampy – an artificial substitute for the sun, extending the daylight hours, create optimal conditions for the cultivation of pets.
- Light: how important it is for plants
- Lamps for plants: what to choose
Artificial lighting will help compensate for the lack of natural light
Correctly picked up additional sources of light help grow flowers all year round
In industrial environments fitolampy often completely replace the natural light – adjusting the illumination mode (as well as regulating the climate conditions), can be as accurate as possible to control the process of development and maturation of plants.
Open mini-garden in the bedroom next to the bed. It also serves as lamp and nightlight function
Light: how important it is for plants
Light – an important part of the life of the plants, because plant (more precisely, its dry weight) of 45% is made up of carbon derived from the air. At the same time carbon assimilation process – photosynthesis takes place only with the participation of light on the rate of photosynthesis affected by many external factors, but most importantly – it’s all the same light intensity.
Light – perhaps the most important condition for normal plant growth
With a properly sized lighting we can artificially extend the daylight for plants
They suffer from the lack of illumination, especially, young shoots and plants – their leaf disks become pale, unsaturated, and their size becomes smaller. Their stems are drawn, and the interstices, and the plant itself is leaning / reaching for the light source. In addition, there are other signs (Figure 1.)
- plant growth slows
- stops the formation of new buds, old flowers gradually die off, with a large deficit of light bloom may stop completely
Mini-garden in the kitchen
Niche for plants with lighting that adorns the modern kitchen
- have variegated kinds of decorative painting is lost, they become monotonous green
- dry up and fall off the lower leaves
The main features of lighting failure.
However, saying “light” is not quite right – flora differently perceives the spectral components:
- red (wavelength of 600 to 720 nm) and orange (from 595 to 620 nm) – the most important and required ranges for the radiation plant, they supply the energy which is necessary for photosynthesis. In addition, they affect the rate of development of plants, for example, a surplus of orange and red rays will delay the transition to flowering, which is important if, for example, to carry out the distillation bulb by a certain date
- purple and blue (380-490 nm range) – also directly involved in photosynthesis. They are needed, especially for the formation of the protein and affect the growth of plants. Plants that grow in natural conditions in the short-day conditions, when the home is growing faster bloom under the influence of the violet-blue part of the spectrum
- ultraviolet light (315-380 nm range) does not allow plants to “stretch”, and are necessary for the synthesis of certain vitamins. Other rays of this range (wavelength 280-315 nm) helps to increase plant resistance to cold
- wave of green (490-565 nm) and yellow (565-595 nm) as much importance for the development of the plants do not have
Certain portions of the visible light spectrum are critical to healthy plant growth
Compact lights for home flowers
Artificial lighting violets
That is why the organizing supplementary lighting or grow light, it is necessary to take into account their needs only a certain part of the spectrum.
Tip! In order not to disrupt the “biological clock” plants, artificial lighting is better to include 7-8 hours in the morning and off, to withstand the necessary duration of daylight hours, 20-22 hours.
Mounting lamps for artificial lighting
Connecting a timer to an electric circuit will help to adjust to the “biological clock” of plants
Lamps for plants: what to choose
The modern market is full of a wide variety of models fitolamp, evaluate how they are suitable for the organization and adjustment of lighting plants in the home, so that your flora get the most favorable conditions at minimal cost.
Lamp for growing strawberries at home
Where are the plants with a deficiency or absence of natural light have to provide them with additional light from artificial sources
Today – absolutely not an option for illuminating plants. First, in their spectrum completely absent waves of blue spectrum, which are very important for the process of photosynthesis. Secondly, these lamps get very hot, so when placed close to the plants they can cause thermal burns on the leaf plates. Third, this type of lamps have a very low (about 5%) efficiency. And although the lamp itself is cheap enough, with prolonged use, it will be a cause of the high cost of electricity.
Incandescent lighting for indoor plants
Tip! Option of using incandescent bulbs – in small teplichke, together with the fluorescent lamp, which has a little red in the spectrum of light, plus – it will provide additional heating of the air.
Unlike incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps little heated, so do not have an effect on the room temperature, so more suitable for illuminating plants. They have high luminous efficacy (although over time it tends to decline), they are relatively inexpensive and low energy consumption. Fluorescent fitolampy particularly effective for lighting large areas for planting, to install, for example, on a windowsill, they are poorly suited, above all – because of their size.
Fluorescent lighting for magnificent orchids
Uniform artificial light vegetable seedlings
ordinary fluorescent (so-called “daylight”) poorly suited for highlighting plants lamps in which the red waves are very weak. Better acquire specialized lamp by coating on a glass flask, they give a range closest to the fact that the plant needs.
Tip! Using lamps with directional reflectors can increase efficiency by 25-30%.
Fluorescent lamps as a source of artificial light
To include fluorescent and mercury vapor lamps, which are similar in principle to, but have a significantly greater red component in the spectrum. However, with more power they differ and large power consumption.
At its core – it’s the same fluorescent fitolampy, but more compact – they do not need to connect the presence of a special choke, because their structure provides its own, built-in choke. Therefore, all all you need to do to connect a light bulb – is to screw it into a standard socket. Another undoubted advantage – saving lamps consume much less (if we take the comparison of incandescent or fluorescent lamps), power, and have a much larger (up to 15 thousand hours) useful life.
Artificial lighting using energy-saving lamps
Energy saving lamps have a spectrum of radiation, in which a lot of blue, so are suitable plants netsvetuschie
Energy fitolampy are of three types:
- “Cold” – a cold range of speeds germination and seedling development during active vegetative growth
- “Warm” – best suited for illuminating plants in the flowering period
- “Day” – they can be used at any time, using as a separate (optional) light source on the entire plant cycle.
Two in one: light for flowers and reading lamp
Sodium lamp – one of the most effective, when compared to the light output, the light sources. It is economical, highly efficient (one fitolampy average power will be enough to cover the plants on the windowsill 1.5m), durable (up to 20 thousand hours operation) and is easy to operate, with its main radiation falls on the orange and the red part of the spectrum. In combination with a sufficient amount of blue waves sodium lamp can significantly improve and accelerate the growth of flowering plants. The disadvantages are the high cost and large size. Use sodium lamps to create a comfortable light area in winter gardens. Just one ceiling lamp power to 220 watts can cover quite a large area. In addition, sodium lamps require special disposal because they contain mercury vapor, xenon and sodium.
Natrievaya gazorazryadnaya lamp
Sodium lamp – one of the most efficient sources of artificial light for houseplants
LED lamp or ICE . The most acceptable option for all the parameters for the creation of a light regime for the plant:
- they have the lowest power consumption and high efficiency
- a great resource – one operation ICE-lamp can last up to 50,000 hours
LED lamps in the “intelligent lighting”
One of the advantages of LED-lamps – this is their compactness
- compact size, lighting plants on shelves or niches. As well as grown up on, you can use a special LED fitolenty
Band LED lamp – fitolenta
- high security and complete ecological purity
- LED bulbs can produce only the useful wave spectrum (red, blue, orange). Which allows, on the one hand, to reduce power consumption due to absence of the generation of “excess” of waves. On the other – actually regulate the development of the plant, slowing down or speeding it up. Which is particularly important in the industrial cycle
Some plants, known as the short-day plants may not bloom if they are long exposed to sunlight
In addition to choosing the type of fitolampy very important to choose her capacity – per 1 m 2 of the illuminated area should be not less than 70 watts. In addition, it should be noted that the closer the light is to the plant, the better highlighting. But at the same time should take into account the negative impact of heat radiation. So the optimal distance – about 20-25 cm.
Tip! Because LED lamps emit almost no heat, they can be set and below.
The properties of LED lamps allow you to post in the vicinity of the plant
What fitolampy better – fluorescent, LED (ICE), energy-saving or sodium, a detailed review and comparison look at the video: